[CLOSED] QA Engineer
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join Logicify at our Kherson location. This is a non-remote position. Different levels are welcome. During the onboarding process we will create a professional development plan which will enable you to grow both soft and hard skills.
Not exactly what you are looking for? Check out our Careers page for all the openings.
Why is this Vacancy Open?
This is simple - we are growing. We've recently been getting significantly more projects than we have people who can make them, so that we started to miss quite interesting opportunities.
What do we expect from a QA engineer?
- To cover all tasks related to software testing: planning, finding potentially weak places, executing testing of different types, finding defects, tracking their lifecycle, creating and supporting testing documentation, etc.
- To work with requirements. We often ask our QA engineers to work with customers to define or clarify requirements, analyze and test them. You should be able to understand the nature of business and customer's needs. Your critical thinking must give you the way to argue with certain requirements if they are not valid.
- To work in a team. Your fast response to a problem is a keystone, as well as your ability to evaluate the problem's scale and source and work together with developers to provide a solution.
- At least intermediate English.
- Good understanding of the testing process (purpose, types, and artifacts, approaches to test design, etc.).
- Writing and maintaining testing documentation.
- Understanding software development process and software lifecycle, including methodology (Agile specifically), roles and stages.
- You know how Web applications work and are familiar with the client-server architecture.
- You are attentive to details, proactive, have an analytic mind to structure information and formulate problems in a laconic and clear way. You are willing to continue your professional growth and improve skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with manual testing of Web applications and server-side components.
- Experience with test automation.
- Basic programming skills.
- Understanding Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
At Logicify, we differentiate by being involved - both in our clients' issues and in our people. In exchange for your time, we offer:
- Personalised improvement plan, updated every 6 months.
- On-site English courses.
- Regular tech talks and discussions.
- Open culture: achievements are appreciated, achievements over your role is a clear way to success.
- Competitive compensation - similar to the outsourcing companies market, depending on the interview and your level.
- Compensation review is tied to your growth and improvement.
- Tax benefits and compensations + service.
- Office space and air. A lot of it. As of now, we have 25+ sq.m per person - the size of a studio flat.
- 24hr accessible office.
- On-site gym, shower (hello bikers), kitchen. Coffee and tea.
- Multiple meeting rooms available for calls and discussions.
- A parking space and safe haven for your bicycle.
- Open and interesting community. Easy to make friends, open atmosphere, new thoughts are welcome.
- Access to advices: You need it - you ask for it. People around will help.
- Paid sick days.
- Work from home when needed.
- Paid time off allowance.
How We Work
After the onboarding and probation period, you will be assigned to one of our multidisciplinary teams. They work towards our clients’ success by creating software products. The typical team size would be 2 to 8 people, with some local colleagues, and some remote - most likely, engineers and management from the client’s side. There are different roles - engineers solving problems by creating code, UI and UX designers creating working and beautiful interfaces, Quality Assurance engineers ensuring the result is good and project managers coaching, helping and gluing the process.
Everyone is transparent and visible on the team - we normally run daily standup calls with our clients, and we encourage direct communication. It is great because you can talk to people abroad and build friendly relationships. Sometimes we travel abroad and visit our clients, sometimes they visit us here in Kherson.
We don’t have hard working hours - whatever you and colleagues and the client are up to will shape the daily schedule. Some people tend to appear at 8 am, some at 1 pm. We don’t control your time, as soon as your tasks are completed and the team is happy, things are good. If situation demands that you stay at home - you can stay at home. Surely the sick days and vacation is yours as well.
As a company, we differentiate by being involved and sane. We care about what the client needs and what real business problem they solve. We also care about Logicify people - we do not like overworks and only offer them in critical cases and the last choice is yours. We want you to grow atop your head, and we have bootstrapped a process for continuous improvement for everyone. We are a flat organisation - all the management is directly and easily accessible and all talks are welcome.
On the software side of things, we maintain high level of engineering culture: we use source control, automated builds, continuous delivery and containers, automate what can be automated, use automatic and unit tests. The company is built and run by engineers, not by sales people. There is a crowd to share your achievement and ask for help.
How to Apply?
Logicify is run by engineers, so HR interaction is minimal. The application process is simple:
- Apply online by filling in the form below.
- Within a week, you will get an email or call with an invitation to the interview or a decline with some career/training advice if this is no match.
- There might be a small test task (up to 4 hours) in case you do not have a portfolio available.
- A personal interview, up to 60m
- We will let you know the decision within a week from the interview and either will ask you in for an offer or explain why it did not work out.
- You would start with a 1 to 2 months trial period to see if there is a match between us. Full compensation and short notice period are applied. During the trial period, you would most likely work on the internal projects.
- Please find the application form below. Good luck and look forward to seeing you soon!
Apply for a QA Engineer position
Thank you kindly for your application. We will contact you shortly.