Logicify opens a non-remote HTML/CSS Developer vacancy in Kherson, Ukraine. This is a non-remote position.
We look for various seniority levels, both beginners and experienced. After the on-boarding we will compose a training plan to build and enhance your professional and personal skills. Please find the details below or fill in the form.
Wrong vacancy? Visit our Vacancies page to view the full list.
Why is this vacancy open?
This is simple - we are growing. We've recently been getting significantly more projects than we have people who can make them, so that we started to miss quite interesting opportunities.
We love and follow value-centic approach to work. That's why we respect and appreciate those who can not simply code, but rather bring an additional value to both customer and the team. It means that along with self-evident direct layout coding, we appreciate and try developing such skills as:
Interaction with the team and customer. You should be able to specify and challenge the requirements, suggest their changes, defend your point of view, be active in taking design and layout decisions. It is vital to cooperate with deigners on both our and cutomer's side to timely determine situations when neat design conflicts its implementation or common sense - here you should propose a trade-off.
- Reasonable level of independency. It is good when you can identify a problem. It's even better to suggest solutions. Yet the best option is to agree upon a solution with the team, discuss it with the customer and finalize the steps.
- Will to learn, develop and work on yourself. This is a must to become a real professional. We just need you to strive for learning and will provide you with proper conditions. In your project, you will work under a tech lead supervision with the regular feedback and code review. And even more - apart from the project, you can attend our English lessons, take Coursera, Udemy, Udacity, edX courses, participate in the regular performance review process and mentorship for newbies. For HTML/CSS coders, it makes sense to develop Frontend/Angular skills to further upgrade their compensation.
- Adequacy and directness are greatly appreciated. If you believe something goes wrong, argue reasonably.
Switching tasks quickly. HTML/CSS Coder is an engineer engaged in almost every project here at Logicify. At the same time, it often happens that there is little work on the layout of the project, so after a month of working, the person immediately switches to the next project, and, therefore, it is important to quickly understand the processes and the essence of the new project.
Modern layout practices;
Knowing peculiarities of the API implementation within various browsers;
Good command of CSS3, including animations and media queries;
Apply can-i-use or something similar to make sure the layout matches the browser support requirements;
At least pre-Intermediate English.
Would be a Plus:
Using HTML5 tags for semantic layout;
Understanding process of web page generation by browser (reflow / repaint cycle);
Designing email layouts;
Optimizing page load time;
Understanding basic SEO.
At Logicify, we differentiate by being involved - both in our clients' issues and in our people. In exchange for your time, we offer:
- Personalised improvement plan, updated every 6 months.
- On-site English courses.
- Regular tech talks and discussions.
- Open culture: achievements are appreciated, achievements over your role is a clear way to success.
- Competitive compensation - similar to the outsourcing companies market, depending on the interview and your level.
- Compensation review is tied to your growth and improvement.
- Tax benefits and compensations + service.
- Office space and air. A lot of it. As of now, we have 25+ sq.m per person - the size of a studio flat.
- 24hr accessible office.
- On-site gym, shower (hello bikers), kitchen. Coffee and tea.
- Multiple meeting rooms available for calls and discussions.
- A parking space and safe haven for your bicycle.
- Open and interesting community. Easy to make friends, open atmosphere, new thoughts are welcome.
- Access to advices: You need it - you ask for it. People around will help.
- Paid sick days.
- Work from home when needed.
- Paid time off allowance.
How We Work
After the onboarding and probation period, you will be assigned to one of our multidisciplinary teams. They work towards our clients’ success by creating software products. The typical team size would be 2 to 8 people, with some local colleagues, and some remote - most likely, engineers and management from the client’s side. There are different roles - engineers solving problems by creating code, UI and UX designers creating working and beautiful interfaces, Quality Assurance engineers ensuring the result is good and project managers coaching, helping and gluing the process.
Everyone is transparent and visible on the team - we normally run daily standup calls with our clients, and we encourage direct communication. It is great because you can talk to people abroad and build friendly relationships. Sometimes we travel abroad and visit our clients, sometimes they visit us here in Kherson.
We don’t have hard working hours - whatever you and colleagues and the client are up to will shape the daily schedule. Some people tend to appear at 8 am, some at 1 pm. We don’t control your time, as soon as your tasks are completed and the team is happy, things are good. If situation demands that you stay at home - you can stay at home. Surely the sick days and vacation is yours as well.
As a company, we differentiate by being involved and sane. We care about what the client needs and what real business problem they solve. We also care about Logicify people - we do not like overworks and only offer them in critical cases and the last choice is yours. We want you to grow atop your head, and we have bootstrapped a process for continuous improvement for everyone. We are a flat organisation - all the management is directly and easily accessible and all talks are welcome.
On the software side of things, we maintain high level of engineering culture: we use source control, automated builds, continuous delivery and containers, automate what can be automated, use automatic and unit tests. The company is built and run by engineers, not by sales people. There is a crowd to share your achievement and ask for help.
How to Apply?
Logicify is run by engineers, so HR interaction is minimal. The application process is simple:
- Apply online by filling in the form below.
- Within a week, you will get an email or call with an invitation to the interview or a decline with some career/training advice if this is no match.
- There might be a small test task (2-6 hours) in case you do not have a portfolio available.
- A personal interview, up to 1 hour
- We will let you know the decision within one-three weeks from the interview and either will ask you in for an offer or explain why it did not work out.
- You would start with a 1 to 2 months trial period to see if there is a match between us. Full compensation and short notice period are applied. During the trial period, you would most likely work on the internal projects.
- Please find the application form below. Good luck and look forward to seeing you soon!
Apply for HTML/CSS Developer vacancy
Thank you for applying for our vacancy. We will contact you shortly.